On Wednesday, March 20, 3rd through 8th grade gathered in our Performing Arts Center learn about severe weather caused by global warming. Doug Norton of the climate reality project came to teach us about the connections between weather and global warming. Some facts Doug gave us were:
- People believe volcanoes produce more carbon dioxide than humans; however volcanoes produce 0.15 to 0.26 gigatons while humans make 35 gigatons.
- An airplane melted into the asphalt due to extreme heat
- Many people around the world are saving energy in different ways like:
· Africa has computers connected to solar panels for schools
· India has windmills across the coast
· Germany has more than 21,607 windmills
He told us that the time is now to change the world and global warming. Global warming isn’t somebody else’s problem, it is our problem. We live here and this is our problem.
-Rachel, Trinity, Jack