Ms. Stein's 7th Grade science students ran the "Go Green" assembly this past Tuesday where they shared several presentations about their follow up efforts to the global warming themed Festival of Learning. They spoke to the school community about how we all would be turning ideas into actions. Here are the actions:
- Getting the community garden going for the spring and summer
- Using containers for bringing lunch to school instead of plastic bags
- Composting fruit and vegetables from lunch that are usually thrown away
- Renewed efforts by students and teachers to recycle while in and out of school
- Hypersensitivity to turning off lights and using water
The students also shared videos they created drawing from their recent experiences of the Global 20/20 and Festival of Learning. Select the hyperlinks below each image to view the videos.